Guide for setting up STB emulator
- Press menu on the left-hand side
- Click change profile data and rename (optional)
- Click portal settings and enter
- http://www.beams-tv.stream:80/c in the portal URL (if portal doesn’t work, please raise a ticket for alternative portals)
- Go back to the menu and click on STB configuration and click STB model and find which one works best for you I use mag 254.
- Back out again and set the screen resolution to auto.
- You will see mac address in this menu as well, take note of that as we will need that to add it to the panel (provide this in your account details or follow instructions below) then go back out to main screen and click the menu on the right hand side and select media player and make sure it’s like player (default) there are a few options her best bet is to play and see what works for you.
- Back out to the main screen and click menu and reload portal and if all went well you will have the portal loaded and all working if it’s not working you have missed something out.
1. Increasing buffer size in advanced settings can help with buffering if your internet has dropouts here and there. Increase it to what ever feels best to you.
2. For really low powered devices like fire sticks emulating a mag 250 is recommended for smooth performance and in my opinion is the most stable of all which is probably why the dev has it as default.
3. Aspect ratio works best set to 16:9 or Fill. Auto doesn’t always work properly.